- month in a minute
- rules for events
- Restart Scouting
- Cub Scout Activities
- Scouts BSA Activities
- Venturing Activities
- Summer Camp
- Winter Camp
- Climbing and C.O.P.E.
- Conservation Days
- High Adventure
- National Jamboree
- Order of the Arrow
- Refund Policy
- Report to State
- Service Projects
- STEM Activities
- Adult Required
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Youth Training
- Youth Safety
- Rules for events
- Awards & Recognition
- BSA News
- Den Meetings
- Eagle Scouts
- Eagle Reception
- Financial Help
- Flag retirement
- FOS campaign tools
- Certificate of Insurance
- Promoting Scouting
- religious emblems
- Religious Events
- Scout of the Week
- Scout Offers
- short term camp
- Unit Finance
- volunteer help
- Vortex Mobile Lab
- Web Update
- About CAC
Advancement, Made Easy
NOTE: the last day to order the Fall 2020 Adventure Box is January 29, 2021. We will debut Box 2.0 in late February 2021.
COVID-19’s impact means more uncertainty in all aspects of your life, especially the Scouting part:
- How are you going to keep your Scouts active and advancing?
- How will you recruit new Scouts if there’s no program happening in your den?
- How do you overcome supply shortages for the materials you need to complete advancement requirements?
We want to make your life a little easier and keep your Cub Scouts earning Adventures and moving ahead through the program. To do this, we’re offering what we call the Adventure Box – a curated collection of instructions and materials conveniently delivered to you.
There are two boxes for every Cub Scout rank: one to help a Scout earn the rank for their grade level and another to earn elective Adventures. Each box costs $50, which includes all materials and shipping.
Cub Scout ranks match different grade levels:
- Lion = Kindergarten
- Tiger = First Grade
- Wolf = Second Grade
- Bear = Third Grade
- Webelos = Fourth Grade
- Arrow of Light = Fifth Grade
You can order a box for one Scout or for your whole den or pack. If you’re ordering for a lot of Scouts, Large order info form can help you collect all of the information you’ll need to enter during checkout (you won’t turn in this form, it’s just a worksheet for your use).
What is an Adventure Box?
- Rank-specific curated program
- Two boxes offered for each Cub Scout rank (Lion in development)
- Box 1: All activities needed to complete all requirements and elective for rank
- Box 2: All activities needed to complete most rank electives
- Combination of activities, short videos, worksheets
- Self-directed activities
- Materials needed to complete the adventures
- Videos are on our council’s YouTube channel (private playlists)
- CyberChip is included for each box
Where are Adventure Box activities completed?
- At organized den meetings
- At home as part of a virtual den meeting
- At home as an individual or family activity
A combination of attending meetings and completing activities at home for missed meetings
NOTE: If activities are completed as an individual or family activity, you’ll need to report what you’ve accomplished to your Scout’s Den Leader or Cubmaster in order to earn the advancement.
What is inside an Adventure Box?
- Bound workbook listing activities and including directions and materials you need from home
- All supplies and materials to complete craft activities that aren’t commonly available at home
- URLs to access our council’s YouTube playlists for curated short videos to support the learning objectives (this is to supplement the written instructions; you don’t have to have online access to complete the activities)
- Pages in the workbook to organize and show your work
What is not inside an Adventure Box?
- A few electives require swimming or camping; you’ll need to complete these with your own resources
- Tools and supplies that most families have at home, such as:
- Glue and tape
- Crayons, markers, colored pencils, pens, pencils
- Basic tools for woodworking projects (hammer, saw, screwdriver)
- Perishable goods needed to complete cooking requirements
- Virtual den leaders and pack meetings (you must provide your own adult leadership)
What are the advantages of ordering/using an Adventure Box?
- Reduces the planning time for Den Leaders
- Eliminates shopping for supplies
- Easy for Scouts who can’t attend a meeting to complete the activities as they are able
- Advancement and fun activities can continue if Den Leader or Scouts become sick or quarantined
- Scouts joining later in the year can catch up on missed activities
- Scouts with short attention spans can complete activities at their own pace outside of your meetings
- Highly motivated Scouts have opportunity to complete adventures not included in your meetings
- Boxes are $50 each (one box serves one Scout)
- Cost includes shipping, bound workbook, and supplies
- Cost is less than $10 per month per Scout for the program year
- Cost is about the same as you’d spend or charge in dues to purchase supplies yourself
We introduced our Adventure Box program during a webinar on July 22. If you weren’t able to attend, here’s a recording of that program: