- Acerca de CAC
COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus Updates
Updated March 9, 2021
Fickett Center/Scout Shop/Camps hours and operation
- Conducting events/camps – Our camps are open (on a limited basis) to council- and district-level activities. All activities, whether at a council-owned property or another facility, must be pre-approved by our council Covid-19 Task Force; please see this page for more details.
- Unit camping at council-owned camps – All units (Cub Scout Packs, Scouts BSA Troops, Venturing Crews, Sea Scout Ships, Explorer Posts) may begin using council-owned properties for weekend camping in April (pre-approved 2021 unit reservations be honored starting April 1). Units need to consult with their charter organization prior to camp planning. Units will be required to sign an agreement to adhere to council Covid-19 guidelines; documents supporting this will be added on this page.
- Fickett Center – The Fickett Center is open for its regular hours. Staff, volunteers, members, and visitors are still required to wear a mask inside the Fickett Center, whether in a meeting space or common area.
- Scout Shop – Our Shop is open for limited in-person business. Please see our Shop Info page for more details.
- Staff Support – Many staff members are working remotely but remain available to assist volunteers and members. You may reach all staff members by email and most by cell phone; please see contact information at www.bsacac.org/our-staff. Note that if you call an office phone (those with a 617 prefix) you may leave a message that will be forwarded to that staff member.
Council/District/Unit activities and meetings
- It’s time to get outside – Our council membership committee is challenging every patrol/troop to hold at least one in-person but safely distanced outdoor activity in March. Learn more at this page.
- How can our Scout unit meet/do activities? – Units should conduct virtual meetings or safe, small-scale meetings or outdoor activities in person. Learn more at this page.
- Council events – Visit our Cub Scout Activities page, Scouts BSA Activities page, or Venturing Activities page for listings of upcoming events, all planned with Covid-19 considerations in mind.
Additional program-related announcements
- Camping Nights Requirement for Order of the Arrow Eligibility – Virtual camping (i.e., backyard or solo camping) may be counted toward the required nights of camping for OA election eligibility if some stipulations are met. See this page on the national OA website.
- Refund policy – Our council’s refund policy has been updated to give you an option when events/camps are cancelled of requesting a refund for the full fee you’ve paid or a gift card for the full fee you’ve paid that may be used for future event/camp registration. Please see our refund policy for details.
- Advancement – Scouts can and should continue working on advancement. Parents are allowed to sign off on the completion of Cub Scout Adventures and Webelos Arrow of Light requirements. Some Scouts BSA rank requirements have been temporarily changed an youth may complete some merit badge requirements through electronic communication. General questions and answers about COVID-19’s impact on BSA advancement.
- Award Extensions – BSA has given local councils temporary authority to grant extensions for Scouts working on the Eagle Scout rank, Quartermaster rank, or Summit Award to complete all requirement if COVID-19 disruptions are the reason why the Scout can’t finish requirements before his/her 18th/21st birthday. See this post for more details for Eagle candidates and this post for Quartermaster/Summit Award candidates.
- Boards of Review – Boards of Review for Scouts BSA, Venturing, and Sea Scouting advancement may be conducted by videoconferencing without council approval; see this post from Scouting Magazine with details
- Eagle Boards of Review – Eagle Scout Boards of Review may be conducted by videoconferencing but must have prior council approval. Read the BSA rules for this here, then contact our council Advancement Chair by email stating you have read the rules and agree to follow them.
- Eagle Board of Review Extensions – Eagle candidates may ask for an extension of time to take part in their Eagle Board of Review; see our Eagle Scout page for details from our council Advancement Committee
Tips and news to avoid getting sick from COVID-19
State Health Information
Vaccine info, FAQs, more from Health and Human Services
Helping Kids Cope with COVID-19
Tips on helping children understand what's happening