- Acerca de CAC
Venturing Shoot n' Splash n' Geocache
Shoot N’ Splash N’ Geocache Day is a purely fun activity in the spring that helps introduce a lot of different outdoor activities to Scouts in Venturing (and those who want to be)!
The program runs from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at our Lost Pines Scout Reservation near Bastrop. Your Venturing Crew can camp overnight on Friday and Saturday; you just need to let us know when you fill out the registration form.
The cost is $10 per Venturer; there is no charge for adult leaders.
To sign up, click the registration link on this page and fill out the survey form. Then, bring $10 per Scout (cash or check only; checks made out to BSA CAC) to the event. You’ll turn in payment, medical forms, and releases when you check-in.
What can Venturers do here?
Among the activities will be:
- Stand up paddle board
- Geocaching Challenge
- Pistol and Rifle Shooting
- Volleyball tournament
- Muzzleloader and Shotgun shooting
- ATVs (let us know when you register; it’s an extra $20)
- Bike-athalon (let us know when you register)
- And more!
What do we need to bring?
Each Venturer needs:
- A BSA Health and Medical Record (Parts A and B) with parent’s signature
- Shooting release forms with parent signatures (if taking part in shooting sports activities)
- Water bottle
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Your own lunch/snacks
- Other food for breakfast/dinner (if camping overnight)
- Swimsuit and towel (if you have proof of a recent swim test, bring it)
- Long sleeve shirt, long pants, and closed toed shoes (if taking part in ATV program)