- Acerca de CAC
All the money you need in the least amount of time
The annual popcorn sale provides the best opportunity for Scout units to raise all the money necessary for a quality, year-round program in the least amount of time possible. Unlike other product sales, units that can not sell their entire inventory of popcorn are not stuck with the cost of the surplus items.
The sale is the only product sales fundraiser approved by our council’s Executive Board, which means it is the only fundraiser in which your Scouts can wear their Scout uniform while selling/participating. It is not necessary to fill out a unit money earning application to participate in the sale.
Need More Information? Contact our council’s Popcorn Specialist:
2020 Popcorn Progam
Unit Popcorn Ordering is OPEN
2020 registered Unit Kernels were sent suggested orders on July 31st to their email address in Trail’s End. Due to current conditions each Unit has a max value they can order. Make sure each Scout is tracking sales along the way and we will get you more popcorn.
The system will close at 5PM on August 8th, don’t miss the deadline. Come back here on August 10th to sign up for your distribution pick up slot.
Yard signs promote Scouting and Your Popcorn Goals
All Units that have registered for the 2020 Popcorn Program by August 8th will receive 2 free yard signs. Additional signs can be purchased by Units, Scouts and Scouters. Each sign comes with a H frame to place in the ground.
Place your order by August 20th and you can pick them up during your Unit’s scheduled pick up time on August 28th.
Individual signs are $7. Need more than one extra? Get 3 for $18 or 5 for $25. Just select the right option in the online store at: https://bsacac.doubleknot.com/OrgStore/store/default.asp?OrgKey=2953
Is Your Unit Registered?
Click the registration button below to stay in the loop on all things POPCORN for 2020.
- Your username and password for 2019 has not changed, but you still need to register.
- Each Leader needing access the Trail’s End system for their Unit needs their own logon credentials.
- Leaders assisting more than one Unit will have one username and can switch between Units in the system.
Changes for 2020
- Scouts can earn more rewards faster – get double points for online sales and 1.5 points for credit card sales.
- To keep in line with new safety protocols, Trail’s End has changed some of their manufacturing processes for the health & safety of their team members, our Scouts and your community supporters. Check out the 2020 Popcorn Resource Guide for our new product line up.
COVID – 19
Capitol Area Council and Trail’s End are working towards providing a safe and effective 2020 Popcorn Program. Scouts and Leaders should review the resources and training sections of the app and online leader portal for tools and ideas.
All Scouts and Leaders are required to follow all CDC, state and local orders while participating in Scouting activities. Please look at the 2020 Popcorn Resource Guide for additional information and COVID-19 screening checklist.
- Masks will be required by all Scouts and Scouters at all popcorn activities
- No shared booths – all booths will be hosted by one Scout and their parent/guardian. The only exception is for Scouts living in the same household
Now through October 31st
Online Sales are open – check out the new line up
Take pre-orders with the Trail’s End App and/or Take Order forms
Coming Soon – Unit Take Order forms curbside pick up
Unit order due in Trail’s End system, suggested order will be emailed on July 31st
Popcorn Distribution #1
August 29th through October 28th
Wagon Sales Begin
September 5th through October 11th
Coming Soon – Capitol Area Council 2020 Popcorn Resource Guide
Trail’s End Scholarship
Scouts selling $2,500 or more should complete the Trail’s End Scholarship form and follow the instructions on the page. Note: if the Scout’s tracked sales match the form, additional documents are not needed. The Trail’s End Scholarship form must be completed every year after the qualifying year to add the current sale to their scholarship account.
Check this page regularly for the most current information on the Capitol Area Council annual Popcorn Program.