- month in a minute
- rules for events
- Scout at Home
- Cub Scout Activities
- Scouts BSA Activities
- Venturing Activities
- Summer Camp
- Winter Camp
- Climbing and C.O.P.E.
- Conservation Days
- High Adventure
- National Jamboree
- Order of the Arrow
- Refund Policy
- Report to State
- Service Projects
- STEM Activities
- Adult Required
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Youth Training
- Youth Safety
- Rules for events
- Awards & Recognition
- BSA News
- Den Meetings
- Eagle Scouts
- Eagle Reception
- Financial Help
- Flag retirement
- FOS campaign tools
- Certificate of Insurance
- Promoting Scouting
- religious emblems
- Religious Events
- Scout of the Week
- Scout Offers
- Unit Finance
- volunteer help
- Vortex Mobile Lab
- Web Update
- About CAC
Sample Scouting in Central Texas!
Looking for a fun, safe, social outlet for your elementary school-aged kids? Sample Scouting this December for just $10*!
Choose from virtual activities or safe outdoor events that give you a preview of what the Scouting program offers to your family.
You don’t have to buy a uniform or any equipment; just try us out. At the end of your sample, if you like what you see and want more, we’ll connect you to a Cub Scout unit near you that’s offering our full program.
Join us every Thursday evening at 7:00pm for a “virtual meeting” that is very similar to weekly Cub Scout Den meetings. We will have an activity, song, family games, and more. Meeting activities include:
- December 3 – Let it Snow – make your own snow and learn about winter weather
- December 10 – Reindeer Toothpaste – practice some chemistry with a festive exothermic reaction
- December 17 – Fireside Cooking – prepare for the holidays by making microwave s’mores, woof’em sticks, and “armpit fudge”
- December 24, 10:00am-11:00am – special Christmas Eve event to meet and celebrate the holidays with Scouting friends from around the world
Ready to get outside? Join us for outdoor events with games, crafts, and activities:
- Weekend Outdoor Adventure
- Join our Cub Scout Program Ranger and friends at the beautiful Camp Tom Wooten in Bastrop. Hike, play, and explore the camp. You can also choose a FREE extra program: panning for “gold”, shooting BBs, or making crafts. Or – for a small extra fee you can do ALL of the extras!
- Saturday, December 5, 10am-4pm
- Sunday, December 6, 10am-4pm
- Saturday, December 12, 10am-4pm
- Sunday, December 13, 10am-4pm
NOTE: masks and other Covid-19 safeguards are required at all in-person outdoor events.
*$10 plus $2.24 processing fee
Want to learn more about Cub Scouting?
Cub Scouting is a year-round program involving parents, guardians, and families. There are no paid leaders; everyone volunteers in some way.
Who can join?
- Boys and girls in Kindergarten through Grade 5 and their families.
What do youth in Cub Scouts do?
- Participate in programs that build character, encourage mental and physical fitness, and teach the importance of cooperation, citizenship, and responsibility.
- Work with the adult(s) in their life to earn an age-appropriate “rank” from their grade-level handbook.
What do adults in Cub Scouts do?
- Have structured fun with their kids, help plan the yearly calendar of activities, and help provide supervision.
This 3-minute video answers a few of the basic questions most people have about Cub Scouting: