- Adult Required
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Youth Training
- About CAC
How Popcorn Can Help You Earn Your 2020 BSA Membership Fee
There’s a special popcorn sale offer that can help you beat the 2020 BSA national membership fee increase! We do not want to lose a single youth or adult because of these increases.
From November 4 through November 22, 2019, our council is offering an optional Post-Season Popcorn Sale with 60% commission. Use this bonus commission over the next few weeks to raise funds to cover the membership fee increase. A youth’s 2020 BSA membership fee can be covered with just $100 retail ($60 net) in popcorn sales.
- Sell online, through the Trail’s End app, or with paper Take Order forms
- Free credit card processing through the app
- Free shipping for any online order
- Open to any youth or leader (even those who did not sell during the regular season)
- A Scout is Helpful; consider selling to support another youth’s membership
How do you take part? Youth and leaders with an existing Trail’s End account must create a new username just for this special sale (same email address can be used):
- Go to www.trails-end.com
- Click Register
- Select Capitol Area Council > Membership Promo District > Your Unit
- Be sure your profile name matches your BSA registration
- Paper Take Order forms are available at the Frank Fickett Scout Training and Service Center or online here on our popcorn page.
- Youth can sell up to $100 and leaders up to $60
- All proceeds are paid to Capitol Area Council BSA; do not pay your unit
- Additional details on product delivery and payment deadlines will be provided upon youth/leader registration with the Membership Promo Unit in Trail’s End.
- Note: sales recorded in your regular District/Unit account are not eligible for this offer
Please contact Council Popcorn Executive, Melanie Crawford, directly at [email protected] or call/text (512) 944-7742 for more information.
Youth, don’t forget to copy your parent on all Scouting electronic communications with adults.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does a current Unit Kernel or Unit Leader need to manage participation?
A: This program is managed by our council and participation is on an individual level. Nothing is requested from our very tired Popcorn Kernels or other leaders within your unit.
Q: I sold popcorn this year. Can I use my same account?
A: No, to earn 60% commission for this program, you must register a new username at www.trails-end.com and connect to the Membership Promo District. However, you may use the same email address when registering the new account.
Q: Do I need my unit’s approval to participate?
A: No, participation is on an individual level. However, you should inform your Committee Chair so they are aware of your participation.
Q: How does my unit know I have paid my 2020 BSA membership fee?
A: Upon payment, your Unit Committee Chair will receive email notification of how much was applied to the unit registration account at the Frank Fickett Scout Training and Service Center on your behalf. You will be copied on this notification.
Q: Can this be applied to my unit dues?
A: No, this program is only for your 2020 BSA National membership fee and does not affect any additional dues collected by your unit for their program.
Q: Does this get added to my Trail’s End Amazon rewards?
Q: Can this be added to my Trail’s End scholarship eligibility?
Q: Can I use leftover product in my unit?
Q: How will I get the popcorn I sell on the Take Order form or app?
A: Scouts and Scouters may come to the Frank Fickett Scout Training and Service Center with their completed forms (or app report) and money (minus credit card charges) to pick up available product on one of the dates below. If we run out of inventory, a new order will be placed and ready for pick up in early December. Popcorn pick up for this offer will be:
- Saturday, November 23, 2019 from 10am to 2pm
- Monday, November 25, 2019 from 10am to 2pm
Q: Can I just sell online and still get 60%?
A: Yes, but it must be with a new username attached to the Membership Promo District.
Q: If I sell online am I eligible for the Trail’s End Nintendo Switch giveaway?
A: Yes, that is a Trail’s End promotion and does not affect any local Scouting commissions.
Q: Can a Scout sell more than $100?
A: The maximum a Scout can benefit from this program is $60 for their 2020 youth membership fee, and $36 for adults. If a BSA member chooses to exceed their sale limit, all remaining commission will be applied to the Capitol Area Council’s financial assistance account that is used to aid others in their membership.
Q: How does the money get to my unit to cover my membership fee?
A: Participants will make all non-credit card payments to the Capitol Area Council BSA. The membership fee for that person will be applied to the Unit’s registration account at the Frank Fickett Scout Training and Service Center.