- month in a minute
- Cub Scout Activities
- Scouts BSA Activities
- Venturing Activities
- Summer Camp
- Winter Camp
- Climbing and C.O.P.E.
- Conservation Days
- Eagle Reception
- High Adventure
- National Jamboree
- Order of the Arrow
- Refund Policy
- Report to State
- Service Projects
- Shooting Sports
- STEM Activities
- Adult Required
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Youth Training
- Youth Safety
- Awards & Recognition
- covid policy
- Den Meetings
- Eagle Scouts
- Eagle Reception
- Financial Help
- Flag retirement
- FOS campaign tools
- Certificate of Insurance
- Promoting Scouting
- religious emblems
- Religious Events
- Scout of the Week
- Scout Offers
- short term camp
- Unit Finance
- volunteer help
- Vortex Mobile Lab
- Web Update
- About CAC
How Popcorn Can Help You Earn Your 2022 BSA Membership
There’s a special popcorn sale offer that can help you earn the 2022 BSA national membership fee! We do not want to lose a single youth or adult because of financial hardship or fee increases.
From September 1 through November 30, 2021, our council is offering an optional Popcorn Sale with 50% commission. Earn this bonus commission to raise funds to cover the 2022 national membership fee. The youth 2022 BSA membership fee can be covered with just $146 retail ($73 net) in popcorn sales and adult membership with just $92 retail ($46 net).
- Sell online, through the Trail’s End app, or with paper Take Order forms
- Free credit card processing through the app
- Open to any youth or leader (even those who did not participate with their Unit)
- A Scout is Helpful; consider selling to support another youth’s membership
How do you take part? Youth and leaders with an existing Trail’s End account must create a new username just for this special sale (same email address can be used):
- Go to www.trails-end.com
- Click Register
- Select Capitol Area Council > Membership Promo District > Your Unit
- Be sure your profile name matches your BSA registration
- If you don’t want to use the app, get the paper take order form below and complete this google form.
- Paper Take Order forms can be printed at home. Click here to download and print.
- Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing and See Scouts can sell up to $146
- Explorers and Leaders up to $92
- All proceeds are paid to Capitol Area Council BSA; do not pay your unit
- Additional details on product delivery and payment deadlines will be provided upon youth/leader registration with the Membership Promo Unit in Trail’s End.
- Note: sales recorded in your regular District/Unit account are not eligible for this offer
Please contact Council Popcorn Executive, Melanie Crawford, directly at [email protected] or call/text (512) 944-7742 for more information.
Youth, don’t forget to copy your parent on all Scouting electronic communications with adults.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do we get the popcorn we need to delvier?
A: Products ordered through wagon sales by November 1st will be available beginning Thursday, November 16th. You may pick up your items at the Frank Fickett Scout Center receptionist desk during normal business hours. Any outstanding cash payments will be due prior to pick-up. Any orders taken after November 1st may not be available until December 1st, but we will do our best to fulfill your orders on November 16th.
Q: What type of payments can we take during this program?
A: Online and online direct can only be purchased with a credit card. Wagon sales in the app can accept credit cards or cash.
Q: If we take cash, how do we can we turn it into he Council?
A: You have three options to turn in the cash you received:
- Deposit the cash into your bank account and use the Pay Now option in the app under Wagon Sales to pay with your debit or credit card
- Deposit the cash into your bank account and mail a check payable to Capitol Area Council with “popcorn membership” on the memo line
- Pay at the Frank Fickett Center receptionist desk during normal business hours M-F 8a to 5pm
Q: Does a current Unit Kernel or Unit Leader need to manage participation?
A: No, this program is managed by our council and participation is on an individual level. Nothing is requested from our amazing Unit Popcorn Kernels or other leaders within your unit.
Q: I sold popcorn this year. Can I use my same account?
A: No, to earn 50% commission for this program, you must register a new username at www.trails-end.com and connect to the Membership Promo District. However, you may use the same email address when registering the new account. Youth and adults that signed up for the popcorn membership program in 2019 or 2020 may us the same account.
Q: Do I need my unit’s approval to participate?
A: No, participation is on an individual level. However, you should inform your Committee Chair so they are aware of your participation.
Q: How does my unit know I have paid my 2022 BSA membership fee?
A: Upon payment, you and your Unit Committee Chair will receive email notification of how much was credited to the unit registration account at the Frank Fickett Scout Training and Service Center on your behalf.
Q: Can this be applied to my unit dues?
A: No, this program is only for your 2022 BSA National membership fee and does not affect any additional dues collected by your unit for their program.
Q: Does this get added to my Trail’s End Amazon rewards?
Q: Can I use leftover product in my unit?
Q: How will I get the popcorn I sell on the Take Order form or app?
A: Product ordered through this program will arrive during the 1st week of December. Scouts and Scouters that sold product through paper form or wagon sale in the app, will be notified when and how they may pick up their product for delivery.
Q: Can I just sell online and still get 50%?
A: Yes, but it must be with a new username attached to the Membership Promo District.
Q: If I sell online am I eligible for any Trail’s End giveaways?
A: Yes, Trail’s End promotions do not affect any local Scouting commissions.
Q: Can a Scout sell more than $144?
A: The maximum a Scout can benefit from this program is $72 for their 2022 youth membership fee, and $45 for adults and Explorers. If a BSA member chooses to exceed their sale limit, all remaining commission will be applied to the Capitol Area Council’s financial assistance account that is used to aid others in their membership. The only exception to this rule is if the Scout/Scouter informs us that they are selling to help others in the Unit.
Q: How does the money get to my unit to cover my membership fee?
A: Participants will make all non-credit card payments to the Capitol Area Council BSA. The membership fee for that person will be applied to the Unit’s registration account at the Frank Fickett Scout Training and Service Center.