This handy, pocket-sized book meets the Wilderness First Aid curriculum of the Boy Scouts of America. Produced by the Emergency Care and Safety Institute (ECSI), this is a user-friendly guide based upon the latest first aid and CPR guidelines. Durable, water-resistant resource that features essential information for –
- When medical help is more than one hour away
- How to signal for help/when to evacuate/recommended first aid supplies
- What to look for and what to do
- Tables for injuries and illnesses
- Prevention advice ranging from altitude illness and bear attacks to lightning strikes and tick bites
- Heat index and wind chill charts,
- Quick access to contents using an A-Z format.
Guide is coil-bound to lay flat for ease of use and convenience. Includes blank pages for recording personal notes. Soft cover; 188 pages with full-color graphics and images.