- Acerca de CAC
Learn More About Scouting
Hello! We’re glad you’re interested in learning more about Scouting.
We provide programs that build character, encourage mental and physical fitness, and teach the importance of cooperation, citizenship, and responsibility, and working as a team. We do that through a network of hundreds of local Scouting groups in communities throughout Central Texas. There’s probably one near you!
Our programs aren’t just fun, they can also help young people in a variety of ways. For some, it’s keeping in touch with or even making new friends during the restrictions of COVID-19. For others, it’s a chance to learn outdoor skills. Some discover a hobby or career interest they didn’t know about. Here are some parents whose families are currently involved, describing how their child has benefited from Scouting:
Which Scouting program you join depends on your child’s age and interests. You can choose from:
- Cub Scouts (boys and girls in elementary school; more information here)
- STEM Scouts (boys and girls in Third Grade through 12th Grade; more information here)
- Scouts BSA (boys or girls in middle school and high school; more information here)
- Venturing (boys and girls ages 14 to 20; more information here)
- Sea Scouting (boys and girls ages 14 to 20; more information here)
- Exploring (boys and girls ages 14 to 20; more information here)
Whether it’s an outdoor adventure or learning about careers through hands-on experiences, Scouting helps you spend quality time with family, friends, and other caring adults.
We’d love to have you join our Scouting family! You can either visit www.beascout.org and find a Scout unit that’s closest to you, or just fill out the form below and we can help connect you.