- Adult Required
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Youth Training
- About CAC
Eagle Scout Information
Have Eagle Process Questions?
If you have questions about applying for the rank of Eagle Scout, please contact Keri Smeaton at (512) 617-8610 or [email protected].
Interested in doing an Eagle project at an Austin ISD school, but don’t know who to contact for approval? Here is a list of contacts, by campus, to inquire with regarding your project idea.
I’m a Scout who is an Eagle candidate. What do I do next?
- Complete all requirements
- Prepare the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook
- Complete the Eagle Rank Application, following the proper procedure
- Drop off (or have someone else drop off) between 8am-5pm or mail your Eagle application with original signatures, Statement of Life Ambitions, and supporting verification documents to our Eagle Processor at the Fickett Center
- Wait for your District Advancement Committee to schedule your Eagle Scout Board of Review (find your District Advancement Committee Chair’s contact information here)
- Attend your Eagle Scout Board of Review
- Upon successful completion of your Board of Review, deliver your completed, original Eagle Scout Application to our Eagle Processor at the Fickett Center
- Wait for your Eagle Scout documentation to be undergo final review by the Boy Scouts of America’s national Advancement Team (usually 2-3 weeks)
- Wait for our council Eagle Processor to contact your Scoutmaster or Troop Eagle Coordinator with permission to pick up your Eagle credentials from the Fickett Center
Get more detail on this process by reading our council’s Eagle Rank Application Procedures.
Public Recognition for New Eagle Scouts
Most newspapers will run a short story and photo, recognizing Scouts who attain the rank of Eagle Scout. Many prefer that you send this information in an email.
However, if you prefer to send this information by standard mail, see the forms below for the Austin American-Statesman, Austin Family Magazine, West Austin News and Westlake Picayune. (You may also use these as guidelines for submitting Eagle Scout information to any other paper).
The U.S. Navy Recruiting District San Antonio will also send congratulatory certificates to new Eagle Scouts. If interested, send an email to CDR Michael Files at [email protected] with the following information:
Subject line: Eagle Scout Certificate Request
Scouts’s full name
Unit type and number (ex. Troop 3)
Capitol Area Council
Short description of their Eagle project
Legal guardian’s mailing and email address
Scholarships for Eagle Scouts
Being an Eagle Scout can carry some weight on college admission forms and scholarship applications. In addition, some scholarships exist for the sole purpose of helping an Eagle Scout further his education.
Application for Byron Lockhart Capitol Area Council Eagle Scout scholarships (2019 form pending)
Scholarships for Eagle Scouts awarded by the National Eagle Scout Association
Earning the rank of Eagle Scout is an important milestone that you’ll carry with you for the rest of your life! We invite you to celebrate this accomplishment with your family and Eagle mentor at the On My Honor: Eagle Scout Reception. You will ALWAYS be an Eagle, but you will NEVER have this opportunity again. Take this opportunity to stand with your fellow Eagles, be recognized, and then proudly share with your family as you find your name on the Eagle Wall.
- Every Scout who earned the rank of Eagle in the past year is invited to be recognized in a special ceremony with an inspirational speech by a fellow Eagle who has used the values learned in Scouting to succeed early in life.
- You’ll also receive a limited edition commemorative challenge coin recognizing your inclusion in our council’s Eagle class.
- The Eagle reception is also the first chance to see the past year’s Eagle class on the Eagle Wall at the Fickett Center.
When: Saturday, February 22, 2020
Where: Frank Fickett Scout Training and Service Center, 12500 North IH 35, Austin, TX, 78753.
Cost: There is no cost due to the generosity of donors
Keynote speaker: Eagle Scout and Austin American-Statesman/KVUE TV reporter Tony Plohetski
2019 Eagles from Bee Cave, Blackland Prairie, Chisholm Trail, and Thunderbird Districts are asked to attend this session.
9:30am-10:00am – Gathering, photo opportunities, check-in
10:00am-11:15am – Program, including unveiling of new Eagles’ names on Puett Eagle Wall
11:15am – Refreshments, more photo opportunities
2019 Eagles from Armadillo, Colorado River, Hill Country, Live Oak, North Shore, Sacred Springs, San Gabriel, and Waterloo Districts are asked to attend this session.
1:00pm-1:30pm – Gathering, photo opportunities, check-in
1:30pm-2:45pm – Program, including unveiling of new Eagles’ names on Puett Eagle Wall
2:45pm – Refreshments, more photo opportunities