- Activities Calendar
- Cub Scout Activities
- Scouts BSA Activities
- Venturing Activities
- Summer Camp
- Winter Camp
- Short-Term Camp
- Climbing and C.O.P.E.
- Conservation Awards
- Conservation Days
- Eagle Reception
- High Adventure
- National Jamboree
- Order of the Arrow
- Refund Policy
- Report to State
- Scout Offers
- Service Opportunities
- Service Requests
- Shooting Sports
- STEM Activities
- District Events
- Work at Lost Pines
- other councils
- Youth Safety
- Awards & Recognition
- covid policy
- Den Meetings
- diversity equity inclusion
- Eagle Scouts
- Eagle Reception
- Financial Help
- Flag retirement
- For educators
- FOS campaign tools
- Certificate of Insurance
- Promoting Scouting
- Tools for Council Registered Units
- religious emblems
- Religious Events
- Scout of the Week
- short term camp
- special needs
- Unit Finance
- volunteer help
- Adventure Bus
- Web Update
- About CAC
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our website – We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To improve customer service – Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To process transactions – Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails – The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on November 15, 2011
12500 North IH-35
Austin, Texas 78753
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information:
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question, we may then collect your name, address and email.
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, in person, over the phone or by mailing in a check.
- We may collect personal information from you, from time to time, in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade or rent your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities with, anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We may use your personal information to send you information about BSACAC programs, events or annual fundraising appeals.
- We may use your personal information to acknowledge you by name and/or description of donation in certain printed materials, such as the annual report and event invitations or programs, or our website, unless we are directed otherwise by the donor. Donors can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 512-617-8616.
- We will use your personal information to comply with the law or regulation or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or regulation or to comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use your personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
This policy was last modified on May 3, 2015