Adult Required Training: Youth Safety
Youth Protection Training
The Boy Scouts of America places the greatest importance on creating the most secure environment possible for our youth members. With that in mind, Youth Protection Training is required for all BSA registered volunteers. This training provides parents and leaders with resources for the Cub Scout, Boy Scout, and Venturing Programs. Youth Protection Training is done online at my.scouting.org.
Get Youth Protection Trained
All registered adult members of the Boy Scouts of America must be current in Youth Protection Training.
1. Go to My.Scouting.org (note the “dot” between “my” and “scouting”) and create an account.
2. From My.Scouting.org, click on the Youth Protection Training logo on the right corner of the screen (or select “My Dashboard” from the “Home” navigation in the upper left corner).
3. You should see options to take Youth Protection training. If not, select “YPT” from the menu at the top of the screen.
4. Upon completion, print a certificate of completion and keep with your records.
5. A copy of your certificate of completion is required any time you submit a new membership application.