- Scout at Home
- Cub Scout Activities
- Scouts BSA Activities
- Venturing Activities
- Summer Camp
- Winter Camp
- Climbing and C.O.P.E.
- High Adventure
- National Jamboree
- Order of the Arrow
- Refund Policy
- Report to State
- Service Projects
- STEM Activities
- Adult Required
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Youth Training
- Youth Safety
- camp reopening
- Awards & Recognition
- BSA News
- Den Meetings
- Eagle Scouts
- Financial Help
- Certificate of Insurance
- Unit Finance
- Promoting Scouting
- Religious Events
- Scout of the Week
- Scout Offers
- The Vortex
- About CAC
Scout Shop Information
The Steve Matthews Scout Shop is located within the Frank Fickett Scout Training and Service Center at 12500 North IH 35, Austin, Texas, 78753.
UPDATED SHOP PROCEDURES DUE TO COVID-19
- The Scout Shop is open for in-person service
- The Scout Shop is no longer offering curbside service
- No more than 25 people (including our staff) will be allowed inside the shop at any one time
- All customers will only use the exterior doors to enter or exit the shop (no access from the Fickett Center lobby)
- All customers entering the shop will be required to wear a mask and sanitize their hands (masks and hand sanitizer will be available if needed)
- All customers entering the shop have the option of wearing gloves (gloves will be available if needed)
- Customer traffic flow will be marked on the floor to help maintain social distancing among customers and staff
- Shop staff will sanitize shopping baskets after each use
- A designated amount of uniform parts will be set aside for customers to try on; these uniform parts will be sanitized after use
Current shop hours (recruiting season schedule):
The Shop is closed on Saturday, September 5, and Monday, September 7, in observance of Labor Day.
From August 17 to October 3, shop hours will shift to 10am to 6:30pm on Mondays through Fridays. This allows us to stay open later for your convenience during one of the busiest times of the Scouting year. The shop’s Saturday schedule stays the same: 10am to 2:30pm.
Also during this time, the Shop will take appointments to bring uniforms to your unit for sizing in-person. Our staff will arrange for a time to bring uniform parts to your Scouts to try on to insure proper fit, take orders for uniforms, and then schedule a time to come back and deliver your unit’s order all at one time. Appointments will be made on a case by case basis; contact the Shop at 512-617-8630 or [email protected] to request an appointment.
Are you buying awards for your Scouts? Then you must have a Unit Advancement Report. Visit this page to learn more.
HOW OUR ONLINE SHOP WORKS:
- Shop from our hundreds of items listed on the online store
- Fill your shopping cart with the items you need
- When you’re done shopping, either click the blue “View Cart” button under an item you’ve chosen or click the shopping cart icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- On the “Cart” screen, make any adjustments in your cart as necessary and click the orange “proceed to checkout” button. Don’t worry about the shipping information or the “pick up in store” selection.
- On the “Checkout” page, you’ll fill in your contact information, alternate shipping address (if necessary), and click the orange “Place Order” button.
- A member of our Scout Shop team will contact you to review your order and collect your payment information. You will not enter payment information online.
The Steve Matthews Scout Shop thanks you for your business! Please be aware of the following terms and conditions pertaining to returns/exchanges/refunds:
- The Steve Matthews Scout Shop has a 30 day return/exchange policy. You must present your store receipt.
- Items for return/exchange cannot have been worn and must still have tags.
- If a receipt is past 30 days, the shop will deduct a 20% service charge from the total of the return of valid items.
- No returns or exchanges on handbooks or clearance items.
- Cash refunds are limited to $10.
Any questions about these terms may be directed to the Shop Manager at 512-617-8629 or [email protected].