- month in a minute
- rules for events
- Scout at Home
- Cub Scout Activities
- Scouts BSA Activities
- Venturing Activities
- Summer Camp
- Winter Camp
- Climbing and C.O.P.E.
- Conservation Days
- High Adventure
- National Jamboree
- Order of the Arrow
- Refund Policy
- Report to State
- Service Projects
- STEM Activities
- Adult Required
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Youth Training
- Youth Safety
- Rules for events
- Awards & Recognition
- BSA News
- Den Meetings
- Eagle Scouts
- Eagle Reception
- Financial Help
- Flag retirement
- FOS campaign tools
- Certificate of Insurance
- Promoting Scouting
- religious emblems
- Religious Events
- Scout of the Week
- Scout Offers
- Unit Finance
- volunteer help
- Vortex Mobile Lab
- Web Update
- About CAC
The mission of our International Committee is to promote interaction between our council’s Scouts and Scouts of other countries.
Since its founding in England by Sir Robert S.S. Baden-Powell in 1907, Scouting has spread to 169 countries becoming the largest voluntary youth movement in the world with more than 40 million members.
The Vision for Scouting, adopted at the 40th World Scout Conference in Ljubljana, Slovenia in 2014, is that by 2023 Scouting will be the world’s leading educational youth movement, enabling 100 million young people to be active citizens creating positive change in their communities and in the world based on shared values.
Take part in world Scouting fellowing October 16-18, 2020, at Jamboree on the Air/Jamboree on the Internet (JOTA/JOTI)
This annual event gives Scouts a chance to virtually meet and learn from their Scouting peers around the globe. Learn more and sign up for this international event at www.jotajoti.info.
Passport to Global Citizenship and Friendship
Our International Committee has created a “Passport” program to encourage you to learn about Scouting around the world and engage in international Scout Spirit activities here at home! You can earn a free SCOUTS t-shirt to wear during JOTA/JOTI weekend.
In Person Activities Include:
- Participate in a service project at New Leaf Farm on October 17 from 9:00am-Noon (space limited to 15 Scouts ages 13+ and their families; click here to sign up)
- Participate in a service project sponsored by Habitat for Humanity (space limited to 14 Scouts ages 16+ and 6 adults; click here to sign up)
- Participate in a virtual cheese tasting of cheeses from four countries (separate signup and fee of $20 per person required; click here to register)
- Sample foods from international restaurants and more!
Online Activities Include:
- Attend Facebook Live introduction to JOTA-JOTI on Friday, October 16, at 6:00pm
- Use Minecraft to build a virtual Habitat for Humanity House in Sri Lanka
- Connect with Scouts from Kenya, Colombia, Mexico
- Participate in a Citizenship in the World Merit Badge course (separate signup and $20 fee required); click here to register for class session 1 (9:00am-1:00pm) or click here to register for class session 2 (1:00pm-5:00pm)
Video Playlist To Help Complete Your Passport:
- Click here to view our YouTube playlist of videos exploring world culture, cooking, and Scouting
Print Your “Passport to Global Citizenship and Friendship”
Track all of the activities you accomplish in your “passport.” You may print these pages at home to construct your passport. You have two printing options:
- Print two, two-sided pages. First use this page as the front of page one and this page as the back of page one. Then use this page as the front of page two and this page as the back of page two. Then cut on the middle line and assemble your passport.
- Print four single-sided pages. Use the same links as above. Cut each page on the middle line and assemble your passport.
Build your own personal schedule of events using this form (which also includes a list of restaurants).
World Scout Moot Ireland 2021
This is an international event for young people 18-25 years of age who are members of a National Scouting Organization affiliated with the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM). Scouting Ireland has positions available for the MOOT Planning Team; check out the open roles here.
World Scout Jamboree (WSJ) – Imagine making a friend from India on the way to get water, learning to tie your neckerchief the Swiss way while in line for your next activity, and stumbling into a Welsh party before going to bed. With 50,000 Scouts from 160 countries living side-by-side, a World Scout Jamboree is literally one of the biggest Scouting events in the world! The next World Scout Jamboree takes place in 2023 in Saemanguem, South Korea.