- Adult Required
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Youth Training
- About CAC
All the money you need in the least amount of time
The annual popcorn sale provides the best opportunity for Scout units to raise all the money necessary for a quality, year-round program in the least amount of time possible. Unlike other product sales, units that can not sell their entire inventory of popcorn are not stuck with the cost of the surplus items.
The sale is the only product sales fundraiser approved by our council’s Executive Board, which means it is the only fundraiser in which your Scouts can wear their Scout uniform while selling/participating. It is not necessary to fill out a unit money earning application to participate in the sale.
Need More Information? Contact our council’s Popcorn Specialist:
2020 Popcorn Progam
Capitol Area Council is supporting the efforts of our amazing Scouts and their Units through the Trail’s End online sale. During the free shipping tests promoted by Trail’s End, the Capitol Area Council will pay shipping fees for qualifying consumer orders that meet the minimum purchase price within the posted times. Units will neither be charged for these fees or have their commission changed. The consumer will pay shipping on any orders placed outside the price minimum or time window.
How to expand your Online Sale
Scouts – get your BSA Uniform (Class A) on from head to toe and get ready to use your Cyber Chip. Take a a video of yourself making a traditional popcorn pitch. Don’t forget to say why you are fundraising, like earning your own way to camp or a special trip. With your parent’s permission and help, post it on all your family’s social media pages. Tag friends and family, use direct messages, text and email. Have fun with your video and let those who support you see Scouts in action.
Changes for 2020
- Scouts can earn more rewards faster – get double points for online sales and 1.5 points for credit card sales.
- Parents can close out booths with the Unit from the app. No need to meet with your Unit Kernel or treasurer to turn in cash.
- To keep in line with new safety protocols, Trail’s End has changed some of their manufacturing processes for the health & safety of their team members, our Scouts and your community supporters. Check out the 2020 Popcorn Resource Guide for our new product line up.
COVID – 19
Capitol Area Council and Trail’s End are working towards providing a safe and effective 2020 Popcorn Program. Scouts and Leaders should review the resources and training sections of the app and online leader portal for tools and ideas.
All Scouts and Leaders are required to follow all CDC, state and local orders while participating in Scouting activities. Please look at the 2020 Popcorn Resource Guide for additional information and COVID-19 screening checklist.
- Masks will be required by all Scouts and Scouters at all popcorn activities
- No shared booths – all booths will be hosted by one Scout and their parent/guardian. The only exception is for Scouts living in the same household
Now through October 31st
Online Sales are open – check out the new line up
August 29th through October 18th
In person Sales Open
Booth Sales Ends
Wagon Sales / Take Order Ends
For a full calendar, view the 2020 Popcorn Resource Guide
Check this page regularly for the most current information on the Capitol Area Council annual Popcorn Program.