- Adult Required
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Youth Training
- About CAC
All the money you need in the least amount of time
The annual popcorn sale provides the best opportunity for Scout units to raise all the money necessary for a quality, year-round program in the least amount of time possible. Unlike other product sales, units that can not sell their entire inventory of popcorn are not stuck with the cost of the surplus items.
The sale is the only product sales fundraiser approved by our council’s Executive Board, which means it is the only fundraiser in which your Scouts can wear their Scout uniform while selling/participating. It is not necessary to fill out a unit money earning application to participate in the sale.
Need More Information? Contact our council’s Popcorn Specialist:
2019 Popcorn Progam
Over $1,400,000 in app and online sales!!!
GAME ON – Two weekends remain in our 2019 Popcorn Program. Use these last weekends to raise funds to cover the expected membership fee increase, winter camp, summer camp or any Scouting adventure you can dream up. Earn you own way and finish strong.
If your Unit is not participating in the popcorn program and you want to Earn Your Own Way – you still have time. Sell online at www.trails-end.com or sell door to door with the Take Order form. For forms or further details email: [email protected]
Attention all Scouts – Want a chance to earn an extra $50 in gift cards for movies, food or Disney?
How can you enter the drawing? Sell 3 Chocolatey Caramel Crunch in the Trail’s End app between 10/14/19 and 10/20/19.
Five eligible Scouts can win. Winners will be announced on 10/21. Sales must be recorded and paid in the app between 10/14 and 10/20. Scouts can still create a Trail’s End account at www.trails-end.com to track sales and accept credit cards with no fees. Eligibility for this drawing and any futures drawings by Capitol Area Council does not affect Scout Amazon rewards or Unit Commission.
The new Trail’s End app makes creating your Unit Take Order easy. As Scouts use the app, they mark the product undelivered and those items automatically roll into the Take Order due on November 1st.
WARNING: Your Take Order might be missing some needed items. The app defaults to “delivered” status for all wagon sales. Unit Kernels can view the status of all items using the Sales Transaction Detail Report found under Reports in the Leader Dashboard. Kernels can provide a detail report to the Scout to confirm.
- Kernels can make the change: click Wagon Sales > under Actions for that Scout click View Wagon Orders > click Go > under Actions for that order click View Order > click Go > use the Mark Delivered checkbox to make the correction.
- Scouts can make the change in the app: click Wagon Sales > Click Orders > Click … under Action and View Order Details. Here the Scout can click “delivered” to change to “undelivered” .
Closing Take Order
Step 1 – reserve your pick up time for November 15th. Please also ask at least one person from your Unit to volunteer for one hour to improve our distribution. Volunteer registration and Unit pick up slots sign up:
Units in Bee Cave, Blackland Prairie, Chisholm Trail, North Shore & San Gabriel click the button below or go to: https://signup.com/go/jRoufzC
Units in Armadillo, Colorado River, Sacred Springs & Waterloo click the button below or go to: https://signup.com/go/EbsugGU
Units in Hill Country & Live Oak – contact your District Kernel or District Executive
Step 2 – have each Scout verify all prepaid orders are loaded into their wagon sales (aka Take Order) and marked undelivered
Step 3 – fulfill any items you can from Show & Sell overstock – contact your District Kernel if you need something from the Show & Sell line. make sure your mark any items you fulfill as delivered
Step 4 – click Order Popcorn on your Trails’ End Leader dashboard
Step 5 – add any additional items from paper take order forms that were not entered into the app
Step 6 – Submit your order for Council approval.
Unit to Unit Transfers
The spot for Transfers/Returns is only a status report page. To make a Unit to Unit transfer go to:
- >Popcorn Order
- >Click View under Actions for the August order
- >Click Transfer Inventory
- >Select the District and Unit
- >Click OK
- >Enter the cases/pieces in the last column
- >Click Submit Transfer Request
Now you can see the transfer and it’s status on the Transfers/Returns page.
Expiration Printing Error
The expiration date on the back of a small supply of product is missing spaces between the year of expiration and time stamp for production. Trail’s End apologizes for any confusion this may cause when dealing with those who support you in your endeavors.
Stamps on Trail’s End packaging are written as a 3 letter month, 2 digit day and 2 digit year followed by a 24-hour time stamp. During printing, spaces were omitted between the 2 digit year and 24-hour time stamp giving the impression of a 4 digit year.
Training & Account Details
Attention All Scouts
- Check your Unit information in the App. Are you in the wrong Unit?
- If you haven’t made a sale, use the down arrow next under your information and click change Unit.
- If you have made a sale you will need some help – send an email to [email protected]. Include your name, username and correct District, Unit type & number. Ask them to transfer your account and all posted sales to your correct Unit.
- Trail’s End has published new training videos – check it out at https://app.trails-end.com/
- Free credit card processing only when using the Trail’s End app. If you log into square you will be charged fees that we cannot recover.
- No square reader? You can manually enter customer credit cards when taking payment in the Trail’s End app. They system automatically states that 2.4% will be charged for manual processing. This is an automated message with Square, however Trail’s End is covering all fees. No charge to Scouts or Units.
Attention Unit Kernels
- Your Trail’s End popcorn system has a new look and new features.
- Trail’s End has training videos and webinars to help you navigate all the new functionality of their new site – check it out at https://app.trails-end.com/
Learn more about how this year’s sale can provide more to your Scouts and your Unit. The 2019 Popcorn Guide provides dates, product, prizes and so much more.
If you haven’t started planning your Unit’s 2019-2020 program and budget – get started NOW with the Ideal Year of Scouting Budget Planner.
Check this page regularly for the most current information on the Capitol Area Council annual Popcorn Program.