This policy is applicable to all activities where a fee or a deposit is collected by Capitol Area Council.
1. Refund requests will only be considered if submitted via the below online form or by regular mail to:
Camping and Activities Specialist
Capitol Area Council, Boy Scouts of America
12500 North IH 35
Austin, Texas 78753-1312
2. The following refund policy shall apply to refund requests related to major activities:
a. Deposits shall be non-refundable.
b. Scheduled payments made in addition to the non-refundable deposit shall be refundable in full, but only when:
(1) another approved participant takes the place of the cancelled registrant; and,
(2) the new approved participant pays all program fees in full. If these conditions are not met, scheduled payments made shall not be refundable.
c. Major activities for this purpose shall include, but not be limited to: National Jamboree, Wood Badge, Powder Horn, NYLT, Webelos Extreme Adventure Camp, Summer Camp, and Winter Camp.
3. The following Refund Policy shall apply to non-major activities, which are all activities not covered by item 2 above. Refunds shall be granted less a Program Cost Recovery Fee of twenty five percent (25%) of the applicable registration fee.
4. No Refund Requests will be accepted after ten (10) days following the end of the applicable activity.
5. Regardless of the policies set out above, full or partial refunds may be granted for special hardship cases. Special hardship cases may include personal illness or family emergencies. Special hardship case refunds will be promptly considered and granted or denied by our Council Refund Committee, under the Vice President-Program.
6. Approved refunds will be processed within thirty (30) days of their receipt in writing and made either by check or by credit card reversal, at the discretion of our council staff, to the original payer for individual registrations or the unit, in care of the reservation contact, for group reservations (Summer Camp, Winter Camp, etc.), upon conclusion of camp operation.
7. If an activity is cancelled or postponed and the participant cannot attend on the alternate date, the full fee will be refunded.