- Activities Calendar
- Cub Scout Activities
- Scouts BSA Activities
- Venturing Activities
- Summer Camp
- Winter Camp
- Short-Term Camp
- Climbing and C.O.P.E.
- Conservation Awards
- Conservation Days
- Eagle Reception
- High Adventure
- National Jamboree
- Order of the Arrow
- Refund Policy
- Report to State
- Scout Offers
- Service Opportunities
- Service Requests
- Shooting Sports
- STEM Activities
- Work at Lost Pines
- other councils
- Youth Safety
- Awards & Recognition
- covid policy
- Den Meetings
- diversity equity inclusion
- Eagle Scouts
- Eagle Reception
- Financial Help
- Flag retirement
- For educators
- FOS campaign tools
- Certificate of Insurance
- Promoting Scouting
- Tools for Council Registered Units
- religious emblems
- Religious Events
- Scout of the Week
- short term camp
- special needs
- Unit Finance
- volunteer help
- Adventure Bus
- Web Update
- About CAC
NOTE #1: we can only process refund requests for activities/camps in our council, Capitol Area Council, in Central Texas. If you registered for an activity/camp located in another council, please contact that council’s office.
NOTE #2: to submit a refund request please scroll to the bottom section of this page titled, “Submit a refund request.”
This policy is applicable to all activities, camping reservation and facility rentals where the Capitol Area Council collects a fee or a deposit. Example events include: Summer Camp at Lost Pines, Cub Scout Day Camps, Camporees, Webelos Woods, Cub Scout Day Events (Spook-o-Ree, STEM Adventure Days), Winter Camp, STEM Adventure Camp, National and World Jamborees)
1. Refund requests will only be considered if submitted via the online form below or by regular mail sent to:
Camping and Activities Specialist
Capitol Area Council, Boy Scouts of America
12500 North IH 35
Austin, Texas 78753-1312
2. For council/district activities and camp reservations and rentals:
a. Any required deposits shall be non-refundable.
b. Refund of fees, outside of a deposit, will be processed on a sliding scale according to the following guidelines:
- Requests received 30 or more days before the event/campout – you will receive 100% of the total event fee, less a non-refundable deposit, if a replacement is available from a wait list
- Requests received 14-29 days before the event/campout – you will receive 50% of the total event fee, less a non-refundable deposit
- Requests received within 13 days before the day of the event/campout – No refund will be issued. In the event of a documented medical reason (doctor’s note required), a death in the immediate family, or a natural disaster, we will consider a 50% refund of the total event fee less a non-refundable deposit.
c. For events where you register as a unit, registrations are transferable within the same unit to a Scout or adult leader not currently registered for the activity.
3. For national events where our council is organizing groups to participate:
a. Deposits are not refundable
b. All other fees will be refunded if:
- A replacement participant signs up
- Fees due to date are collected from the replacement participant
c. If no replacement participant is found:
- National event fees that are refundable will be refunded
- Other fees that have been collected and paid to vendors (example: tour operators) will be refunded if they are refundable from the vendor
4. No refund requests will be accepted after ten (10) days following the end of the applicable activity.
5. Approved refunds will be processed within thirty (30) days of their receipt in writing and made either by check or by credit card reversal, at the discretion of our council staff, to the original payer for individual registrations or the unit, in care of the reservation contact, for group reservations (Summer Camp, Winter Camp, etc).
6. If an activity is cancelled or postponed by our council or a district and the participant cannot attend on the alternate date, the payer may submit a request for a refund of the full fee.
7. Recognizing that we are here to “help other people at all times,” regardless of the policies set out above, full or partial refunds may be granted for special hardship cases. Special hardship cases may include personal illness or family emergencies. Special hardship case refunds will be promptly considered and granted or denied by our Council Refund Committee, under the Vice President-Program.
Policy effective 9/24/21
Submit a refund request
Reminder: we can only process refund requests for activities/camps in our council, Capitol Area Council, in Central Texas. If you registered for an event/camp located in another council, please contact that council’s office.