The Frank Fickett Scout Training and Service Center
The Fickett Center is the main hub for Scout leader training, support, and resources. It’s also home to the Steve Matthews Scout Shop, the Sarah Keithley Conference Center, and the Puett Eagle Wall. Scout units may arrange to use the facility for events and ceremonies. Outside groups may rent the facility for meetings or events.
Location and Hours of Operation
- The Frank Fickett Scout Training and Service Center is located at 12500 North IH 35, Austin, Texas 78753
- Regular business hours: Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (Scout Shop hours)
- Scouting business: call us at (512) 617-8611 (during office hours) or (512) 926-6363
- Scouting business: email us at [email protected]
- Facility rentals for outside groups: email us at [email protected]
Puett Eagle Wall
This monument stands in front of the Frank Fickett Scout Training and Service Center, recognizing all who have earned the rank of Eagle in the more than 100 year history of the Capitol Area Council, Boy Scouts of America. Names of future Eagle classes will be added each year.
The Eagle Wall was made possible through a gift from the Nelson Puett Foundation.
Facility Reservations: Outside Groups
Contact our Facility Sales Manager at [email protected] or (512) 617-8637 for availability and rates.
Facility Reservations: Scout Units
Scout units may reserve space(s) inside and/or outside the Fickett Center for four hour blocks for these purposes:
- Courts of Honor
- Eagle Scout Courts of Honor
- Blue and Gold Banquets
Costs and Responsibilities
- Rental fees are $50 for the first room and $25 for each additional room
- Each room comes with 24 rectangular tables and 48 chairs
- Units are responsible for set up, take down and clean up of their event
- Units are responsible for any damages to the building and/or furniture
- Units must complete a pre-event and post-event inspection form (to be left in the facility’s drop box)
- Failure to submit completed inspection forms, return A/V equipment to the proper place or return furniture to its original set up will result in a $150 fee charged to the credit card used for confirming your reservation
Scheduling An Event
- Units must contact their District Executive to reserve a date and time (CLICK HERE to find your District Executive’s contact information)
- Unit events are available during two time slots: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. and 5 p.m.-9 p.m.
- An adult (registered leader or parent) must complete the Building Master Class in order to confirm a reservation (scheduled with Facility Sales Manager)
- Once a unit selects an event date and time slot through their District Executive, the Facility Sales Manager will contact the unit to gather credit card information (the credit card number will only be kept on file until after the event is complete and any damages are accounted for)