Camp Alma Mchenry
- 250 acres of pastureland, oak trees and several private stocked fishing ponds
- About a 90 minute drive from Austin
- Primitive-style camping; no defined campsites
- Drinking water is not available, bring your own water.
- Bathroom facilities not available, portable toilet only.
- No council fee
- Stocked ponds: Largemouth Bass, Catfish, Sunfish, Crappie
To Reserve Campsite(s) for Weekend Camping
CLICK HERE to reserve your dates at Camp Alma McHenry
- No camping fees for Capitol Area Council units
- Out of council units pay $5 per camper
- Campsites are reserved on a first come, first served basis
- All units must satisfy BSA two deep leadership standards
- All program area fees must be paid in advance to the Capitol Area Council office