- Activities Calendar
- Cub Scout Activities
- Scouts BSA Activities
- Venturing Activities
- Summer Camp
- Winter Camp
- Short-Term Camp
- Climbing and C.O.P.E.
- Conservation Awards
- Conservation Days
- Eagle Reception
- High Adventure
- National Jamboree
- Order of the Arrow
- Refund Policy
- Report to State
- Scout Offers
- Service Opportunities
- Service Requests
- Shooting Sports
- STEM Activities
- District Events
- Work at Lost Pines
- other councils
- Youth Safety
- Awards & Recognition
- covid policy
- Den Meetings
- diversity equity inclusion
- Eagle Scouts
- Eagle Reception
- Financial Help
- Flag retirement
- For educators
- FOS campaign tools
- Certificate of Insurance
- Promoting Scouting
- Tools for Council Registered Units
- religious emblems
- Religious Events
- Scout of the Week
- short term camp
- special needs
- Unit Finance
- volunteer help
- Adventure Bus
- Web Update
- About CAC
Smilin V Scout Ranch
- 91 acres of improved Hill Country ranch land – 8 campsites
- Men’s/Women’s restrooms, shower facilities
- Magnificent pavilion with picnic table seating for 200, with serving kitchen
Near Liberty Hill, Texas
NOTE: The above map links direct you to get to camp from Liberty Hill primarily using RR 1869.
Please use this route, noting the following:
- After leaving Liberty Hill on RR 1869 continue about 6 miles until you see the blue Smilin V Ranch sign, and turn left on CR 285. Then follow the remaining blue Smilin V signs until you see camp on your right.
- This is the second intersection with CR 285. DO NOT TURN AT THE FIRST CR 285 INTERSECTION. This route is quicker, safer and more respectful to our neighbors.
Cub Scout Packs may camp overnight at Smilin V Scout Ranch for two nights. However, in addition to reserving your campsite(s), your pack must submit a Cub Scout Unit Camping Permit application form at least 90 days before the date of the camping trip.
Weekend Camping Information
- Please turn in a roster of participants including adults upon check-in.
- Bring a completed BSA Medical Form (parts A&B) for every participating Scout and adult
- Council refund policy will be in effect for all fees paid and owed.
- Campsites (8) are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis
- All units must follow all Capitol Area Council and National BSA policies.
- At least one adult leader MUST be BALOO trained for Cub Scout activities.
- Parking is restricted to the parking lot only. ADA parking can be accommodated by contacting the Ranger or Campmaster on duty.
- We recommended you bring a wagon or hand cart to transport camping gear from parking lot to campsite.
- Any trash or signage must be removed from camp; do not leave anything on camp.
- Serving kitchen available by separate on line reservation. No cooking equipment in serving kitchen. Please do not cook in the serving kitchen or leave food items in the serving kitchen refrigerator.
- Please see the Ranger or Campmaster before turning off electric breakers.
- Ground fires are prohibited, with exception of the campfire area located west of pavilion. Propane camp stoves are recommended vs charcoal.
- ATVs, Mules, Gators, Rhinos, tractors, mowers are prohibited.
Capitol Area Council units are required to pay $3 per youth/adult to use our council camping properties for regular weekend camping or day events. Out of council units have to pay $6 per camper (youth or adult). These fees are used to offset camp cleaning supplies/services and operating expenses.
Please contact Smilin V Ranger PJ Brown (contact information on our staff roster here) prior to your event if you have questions or if you have special requests.
Scouts BSA Troops may not camp at Smilin V except for district and council events. Any other exception is with written permission only. Call (512) 617-8611 for information.
- Cub Scout weekend camping
- Cub Scout Day Camps, Webelos Woods, training events, and camporees
- Council or district events
- Available for outside groups by special request (weddings, reunions, etc.)
- Fishing for youth members only; catch and release only
- Cub Scouts shooting sports only
- BB gun and Archery events conducted by CAC Shooting Sports
- Committee trained range masters at district or council events.