- Adult Required
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Adult Optional
- Youth Training
- About CAC
Smilin V Scout Ranch
- 91 acres of improved Hill Country ranch land – 8 campsites
- Men’s/Women’s restrooms, shower facilities
- Magnificent pavilion with picnic table seating for 200, with serving kitchen
NOTE: The above map links direct you to get to camp from Liberty Hill primarily using RR 1869.
Please use this route, noting the following:
- After leaving Liberty Hill on RR 1869 continue about 6 miles until you see the blue Smilin V Ranch sign, and turn left on CR 285. Then follow the remaining blue Smilin V signs until you see camp on your right.
- This is the second intersection with CR 285. DO NOT TURN AT THE FIRST CR 285 INTERSECTION. This route is quicker, safer and more respectful to our neighbors.
Boy Scouts may not camp at Smilin V except for District and Council events. Any other exception is with written permission only. Call (512) 617-8611 for information.
- Cub Scout weekend camping
- Cub Scout Day Camps, Webelos Woods, training events and camporees
- Council or District events
- Available for outside groups by special request (weddings, reunions, etc.)
- Fishing for youth members only; catch and release only
- Cub Scouts shooting sports only
- BB gun & Archery events conducted by CAC Shooting Sports
- Committee trained range masters at district or council events.
To Reserve Campsite(s) and Program Areas
CLICK HERE to reserve your dates at Smilin V Scout Ranch
- Please turn in a roster of participants including adults upon check-in.
- Bring a completed BSA Medical Form (parts A&B) for every participating Scout and adult
- Council refund policy will be in effect for all fees paid and owed.
- Capitol Area Council Scouting units must pay $2.50 per person for use fee
- Out of council Scouting units must pay $5 per person for use fee
- Campsites (8) are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis
- All units must follow all Capitol Area Council and National BSA policies.
- At least one adult leader MUST be BALOO trained for Cub Scout activities.
- Parking is restricted to the parking lot only. ADA parking can be accommodated by contacting the Ranger or Campmaster on duty.
- We recommended you bring a wagon or hand cart to transport camping gear from parking lot to campsite.
- Any trash or signage must be removed from camp; do not leave anything on camp.
- Serving kitchen available by separate on line reservation. No cooking equipment in serving kitchen. Please do not cook in the serving kitchen or leave food items in the serving kitchen refrigerator.
- Please see the Ranger or Campmaster before turning off electric breakers.
- Ground fires are prohibited, with exception of the campfire area located west of pavilion. Propane camp stoves are recommended vs charcoal.
- ATVs, Mules, Gators, Rhinos, tractors, mowers are prohibited.
Please contact Smilin V Ranger PJ Brown at (512) 484-9814 prior to your event if you have questions or if you have special requests.
Thank you for helping kids enjoy the outdoors through Scouting in Capitol Area Council!
If we can help please let us know:
- Roy Wallace, Facilities Manager: (512) 966-1531
- Teresa Northcutt, Program Director: (512) 944-7726
- Rick Denison, Director of Support: (512) 944-7751