Our camps

Our council owns seven different camping properties that cover areas from Giddings to Gonzales to Bastrop to Liberty Hill. Scout units can use these facilities for hiking, camping and other activities.

 “Camping and activities are allowed at Capitol Area Council Camps when a Short Term Camping Permit has been approved and all rules and regulation of the BSA are met. The Short Term Camping Permit requirement includes, but is not limited to, Unit camping, day events, district events, council events and individual events. Unit Leaders must check in with the Campmaster, Ranger or the Administration Building upon arrival. “ 

NOTE: Capitol Area Council units do not have to pay a fee to use Capitol Area Council camping property for regular weekend camping or day events, except for Smilin V Scout Ranch and Rathgeber Wilderness Scout Camp which both require a $2.50 fee per camper (youth or adult). Out of Council units have to pay $5 per camper (youth or adult) for all council properties.

CLICK HERE for additional weekend camping options at Sam Houston Area Council properties